The Kon-Tiki blog

Arbit! totally arbit!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Vague!

To each unto his own
There are times when I get tired of the schedule.. a green cactus to keep me company
I water it diligently thinking, too much of a good thing can’t be “that’ bad ..
There is a slight breeze flowing unknown to me ..it churns time , it churns the clouds in various colors, Im staring at the cactus …
Smoke drifts up and forms rings of its own volition. Each an existence beckons, teases and then disappears, no grand requiem , just a gentle floater ..wisps that are still playing mischief with the rays of the sun that are attempting to shine on the bright bright day I was promised.

“Verbal diarrhea “ , she grandly proclaimed, a flick of golden brown hair falling across the brow , and though the thought was nothing short of ..well .. the flick, it was imperious
As if to command and demand obeisance.
“I hear you’ve adopted a cactus” , she jeered
I said “….” Yes
“That’s fascinating , a cactus always reminds me of things bleary and dark , sort of like the low points in life “
It was implied of course and I drifted ..away from the spring,
for the dreary should not see too much of the spring .. it echoes ambition and that is intolerable in present circumstances.

Silence
Another day another night ..luminescent in the glow of reflected glory .. I have been at a book signing , and had my book signed..

Studied, measured indignance
Oh these people , when they smile at me its as if years of training are coming to the fore .. “smile child smile ..for it’s the shortest word that has a mile “  (for good measure)
The dew has settled on the thorns of the cactus. My little experiment has been successful.
Dew drops have formed on the harshest of all creatures .. on the thorns of a cactus ..

“I feel like doing something silly”, a call out of the blue
“now that is not advisable!”
“Do you always talk like this ? “ , she asked
“ No!”
“weeelll then lets have coffee” ,she said
“isn’t that silly ?”
“OF course with you it is “ ,she chirped

The higher intelligence
Today she permeates every being. Every thought echoes a ring ..today ..damnnit every cloud has a silver lining. The cactus is nervous , I can tell. The thorns are bristling.
Today the cactus has feet and is asserting her own
She wants out today and it has to be the same restaurant.
I cancel my appointment with her and humor the thornbird
Deliberately the mischiefs peer out of the circus of my life and shine ..Oh jesus they shine

Two timing bassy
My compulsions I cannot explain. It is perhaps not enough to have one after all ..simply said. There are times when you wonder “what if?”
I tried to live those and much to my dismay I did succeed sometimes. The cactus felt jealous and scratched me so as to leave permanent marks .. .this worked.. for scratches are the ultimate sign and cannot be overthrown by words ..even Shakespeare bowed to them .. scratches ..sigh
The cactus is turning red these days..slowly, shyly and bloodied, every drop a penance

The uncomfortable beverage

A sip .. luscious red lips caressing the edge of the coffee cup and swallowing every drop of the “elixir” that poured fortwith , “She does not drink coffee” , I thought , and now she is
Busy busy busy , irrigating herself with the concoction that is heady and fulfilling and liberating.
“Oh I just wanted to meet you “, the cactus turned white , with the tiniest shade of blue , I imagined,
“ oh yes it was good meeting you too ! “

The widowmaker
The left hand started throbbing . it was dull at first and then life threatening . I knew it at once . the clog that was the widowmaker .. and I felt strangely elated
“Tu mujhe jaan se bhi pyaara hai” remixed and deadened beyond words and music.
Im trying to fit in the trance mood..really ..I’m trying
But did I mention I wear my heart on my sleeve.. What a voice ? gosh already in love ?
The widowmaker has a taker …”hahahahahaha”
“an undertaker , you mean!”
The dull throbbing echoed a strange rhythm.. one of life ..pulsing slowly..how gauche!
And the pain …well ..Something’s are better left unsaid

The registered letter
The pension has proved to be an elusive beast. Something that Mr. raji cannot fix inspite of being in the service. He says ,”Doctor lots of people have grudges against you !”
The man of the moment, the messenger , and if there was an apt moment ever to shoot him, it was this and I did .. a crime of passion , a crime of incomprehensible cruelty. I shot the postman!

1 Comments:

Blogger Doh said...

Thanks Fizz ! :)
will subscribe to the try try until i succeed funda :)

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home