The Kon-Tiki blog

Arbit! totally arbit!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Humm trumm

Silence engulfed everything
I wanted to say, unkempt
Somethings I couldn’t file away
During the annual catharsis

Fish… assailing my senses
The scales ripped away ,the onions chopped
The garlic and the ginger
Laid away, neatly stood witness

Only once I looked back
“Objects in the rear view mirror”
Greeted me
And I said take me there again

I loved your hair
Black … like the darkest thunder
Falling over your face delicately
Like the morning dew drop that
Caressed, that ventured unto
That delicate landscape

I loved your eyes.. two black buttons
And yet you saw things out on a chilly fog
Shadows and ghosts that make you shiver
And I said “Oh no its just weariness”!

Like a schoolboy …spouting words of
Romance and equanimity ,one to impress you
And the rest for my friends.
Shall I water the stone ?

That spout I drink of today
I say ahem and hello
To my love and her hindsights
I say 20/20 you knew it all

I know this too .. you liked being sung to
Sleepy .. fairy tales of gremlins and goblins
And I sang that lullaby and wrestled those ghosts
I know love now... through these blind eyes

Thank you thank you
For being a part of me
And taking away some
My angel, Quo vadis ?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh,

Detailing her persona in such beautiful fashion, you've stepped away from the usual and given the reader an unusual but expressive window of your thoughts on her and the love.

Superbly done. Lines like "Shall I water the stone ?" and "nd I said take me there again" were simply 'A' class. Need i say more, loved it.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Doh said...

and there i thought Id be subject to ridicule :)
cheers Pradz !

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home