The Kon-Tiki blog

Arbit! totally arbit!

Saturday, April 09, 2005

The lord of the rings!


The yoke has been overthrown! ...The tyranny shall not last anymore! ...before i gurgle out any more shpiel ..lemme elucidate...



registered mail received by the unfortunate blogger on a rainy night in bangalore! ...Contained imprints of two circular objects within the confines of the obviously parental communication ...with a lot of trepidation the unfortunate blogger proceeds to push the envelope far past its edge and out drop two rings ...shiny objects ..one with a red stone(Munga or mooga or coral or something!) ...and the other one ..greenish (cats eye ...hmm Intriguing !) ...and a teary eyed communication from my concerned folks ..for you see they had been witness in form of documentary I-O-Us (Credit card bills) to my bacchanalian excesses and they thought that the rings would be my protectors against such lavish indulgences ...Oh and did i mention they met my girlfriend too ... ...The letter did me in ..it did ...and i proceeded to wear and display ..conscientiously rotating them ever so often against my fingers to make sure the effect rubbed off ...the fateful day ...i went to livermore to a panditji(DONOT DERIDE! i ..i .. well!) ...Now the reader might wonder what a person or non-person as the case might be LIKE ME needs to do with a priest (as is im saving the next birth for the confessions...they're bound to last that long!) ...however i digress...I noticed with alarm that the stones had grown small and had started making little itty bitty sounds whenever i shook hands with ppl (as if clicking in disapproval ) so thither i went to expeditiously rectify the situation ...The panditji assiduously took my time of birth ,my place of birth and yes my date of birth and proceeded to pore over matters i considered occult and yes view with a great deal of respect ..he huffed and hawed and hummed and then he looks up at me with a confusing look and asks me "DO you know youre manglik! ? " ...Im like " WHAAAAAT??" ...Panic ..rejection ...social ostracism ...doomsday paints itself before my eyes with that wicked red planet donning the brush ...scared with the look of a hunted animal on my face .... ...i stare at him with apprehension and then he tells me ... Your mother wants you to have an arranged marriage ? ...Im like yeah well.....and he's like That my dear boy is the true purpose of these rings, to keep your mars in restraint and to prevent you from getting into a "matrimonial alliance" (those are the words he used!) that is incompatible for you "...i stared at him and i just walked outta there ...paid him of curse ...and came home and in a very elaborate ritual flushed the ringie dingies down the crapper...feel good like Im the master of my own destiny now ...and then when the euphoria has passed i look at myself and wonder if i've exchanged one master for another ...will solve that one another day ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home