The Kon-Tiki blog

Arbit! totally arbit!

Saturday, April 09, 2005


A broken tooth inspires me thus
as in second installment
do dissectus ..
hopefully this is a better stew :)
Shhh poetry readin session in progress....







The dental monologues
---------------------------
MY teeth are pissed off
(“Excuse me”) PISSED OFF
The steely shiny instruments
Cold and darned near deck-a-dent

Allow me a little humor dear dentist
As you ask me about my insurance
I say your teeth are a perfect 10
Invisialign and sensodyne in totem

Do they hurt you ask
Are you pained?
I feel intruded invaded
No choice but then to take them to task

Will you please NOT smile at me?
The next time I'm in your office
A curt reminder and a toothbrush
Will duly suffice

The teeth have a mind of their own
In case you did not know you evil woman
SORRY I did not mean that... I supplice
Read my mind through such artifice?

My wisdom teeth you take and partake of
Delta or MetLife you press
Thank god even if it be four less
I say "Ummmurrm grummeltoh"

The story was really four wise men
From the east as they rose
To write Don quadro-tte
At the windmills with his toothbrush begotten

Three you say suffice as a moral
As to what you lose when the windmills charge
Three musketeers and such joy the three
Lost when the Tylenol over the steel they swore


PS- moral of the story
Lonely Tylenol= lonely Tylenol lonely Tylenol lonely Tylenol
One of a kind in this case = three of a kind ...guess??




A love story
----------------
Constant bickering
Of two kids to raise
Vacations forfeited
Life- the general malaise

Third day in succession
Same breakfast, what is she thinking?
Third day in succession
Same breakfast, I hope he sees im sulking

What did I trade for this?
The longing caress the sensual kiss

My life thrown to bits... contrived
A man and his lies, beguiled

A duller evening still
If he wears the same shirt tomorrow
Im calling my lawyer...alas
Love on mortgage- beg steal or borrow?

Its time for TV
The kids want the cartoons
And in unison both of us cry
Not today .today's platoon

Chided the kids are packed off to bed
We share the couch
Strangers -the love nested
Drawn together at the first touch

The gruesome story sought our silence
Everyday is a war I thought
And everyday a victory
For us...in spite of the turbulence

Raises her head and softly says
Honey Im thinking of taking up pottery
WHAT? With all the bills we have to pay
She snuggles up and stays quiet
The love will live to see another day

Since every love story needs to have martyrs
Ek tha raja
Ek thi rani
Dono mar gaye
Khatam kahani


a love story-II
-------------------

Chiseled in stone
my hands lovingly caress
flesh and bone
living breathing -the formless challenge

entreating me to be its savior
jesting I think, for who lies crucified?
the man or his hopelessness?
breathing life into his beloved

the scalpel skillfully shreds
as he looks for the heart
no not the one that’s stopped beating
for the one that said "Till death do us part"

"Sir, She’s dead”, the assistant cries
but it can't be...she wouldn't break a promise
I smile as I drop the mask to the floor


a fine surgeon and what an end
the naysayer say, to that fine career
but I'll look for that heart in every stone
as the four walls d in on everything I hold dear

chiseled in stone I say
the multitude closes in on me
I caress I entreat but relentless
the visions of greatness collapse
at what cost OH at what expense?




The last mile
--------------
They say there is life after death
Unbecoming though it may be
I yearn for those lovely dreams
Of colors crimson and ceaseless greens

cobblestones marked my steps
raindrops formed little mirrors
as I stared into pieces of my life
ambition...hope of a tiny river

merging blinding the sun glared
a thousand suns stared up at me
from those cobblestones
I closed my eyes...darkness, serenity

the life or a glimpse of it
pledges allegiance and promises
me a second chance
and bequeath to me an eternity
a memory



A bollywood tribute
---------------------
main aisa kyun hun
"tuin tuin" aisa kyun hun
rap rap blah blah hun
kyun hun kyun hun
oyeeiyaowe owey iyoun

teary eyes entreat the passing
of the lover on the street
as she prepares the bridal suit
in grief and in the sindoor forfeit...LOL

OYEeiyaOyeieya
gadbad hai yeh sab kya
OYEeiyaOyeieya

disgoosting i say movies like this
wifes pining for lost husbands and
like are the norm of the hublis
and change the world,, plans grand !!

Extraa marital (Shite)
uff what bite
actress ki life mein koi moral nahin hai
sarcasm strikes
"Kisi mard ka naam moral nahin ho sakta..HAI"


Vande Mataram -The twenty year anniversary (For ...)
--------------------------------
of the years that i have lost and found
with you
of the meanings i have trusted and bound
with you


thirty years later somebody wrote
a book to echo my heart
two pages stuck might be
of the mirror that showed, that smote

Things that i might desire
and things i might beseech
but things they are still
young ..the brave warrior seeks

In his arms ..the steel of endeavor
in your eyes ..the steel of hope
determination i see in that mirror
echoes as with it i cope

the storms everyday of my progeny
my dreams unshattered lent strength
beautiful, i might not be
But i know what i want to see

In that mirror i see my child
smiling, seeking my strength
as harry potter or as himself
the soldier who breaks faith with me

and yet seeks my loyalty
in the name of his mother
and in my second hand role ...as surrogate
i find pride

a cause greater than me, i cannot understand
I look in the mirror for meaning
telegrams everyday for thirty years
have not told me the story Im yearning

i hear his voice saying "You're beautiful mama!"
and i hear the steel coming across death
that cuts my heart and the noise
acrosss the town square is but
little reconciliation for the trumpets

Sigh my moment of leisure is but for grief
my steel needs my strength for the day
that needs his pride with the might, that may
perhaps, Will a thousand sons to life

Vande mataram


PS --creative except for the last poem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home