The Kon-Tiki blog

Arbit! totally arbit!

Saturday, April 09, 2005

poetry101 Ravaged !


Laihdeez and gennulmen in true form!
i have been absconding yes ! but then there is a cause
its called poetry :D i try i try
Do dissect ....

INTRODUCTION
-------------------

In the meter and the rhyme
Of the following verses
Lies a covenant broken
In spirit and in time

A fable in tousled jeans
Lies shed like a second skin
Yearning to be told
A jilted lover, unconvinced

The cigarette smoke clenches
My throat, everything---chokes
Orphaned rain – it drenches
The mist clears—emotion? - A hoax!

Hum a tune through the clouds
Unbent, my silhouette
Jeers at my flagging spirit
Torn at its heels, does a pirouette

Look at the crimson of the sky
As it counts the stars
Disappearing by and by
Herald a new tsar

A covenant born of despair
Is broken and torn
Adieu I say to the prose of old
The dawn salutes poetry newborn




Abhinay
---------------
“kati naahin raat mori”
“Piya tore kaaran kaaran”

Left backstage to centre
The spot follows you

In the awkward moments
of the morning after
the applauding audience gone
you smile … a new bride...

Married to the tamul tree
touched yet untouched
Desire and fulfillment blur
as you lie wide-eyed staring, dreaming...

“honey can you get the door?”
The flesh creeps over the stone

for a moment you breathed
the eyes betraying the lost lover


Smile you do as always
Put over a new mask
Over the aging one, Pout
“No I won’t, It’s your turn “


Mercy I Beg!
-----------------------
Autumn...drives me simply... to despair
In honesty and to beware
Of emotions that strike low
And behold... that

The hangman makes busy
The jute itches
In the time that stretches
I read my will

The prison of the mind
Beckons in its loneliness
Death holds you in its bind
Autumn... sure steadfast

Dead man walking
…………………….
Can’t say much
Except mercy I beg!



The Seaside cliché
-------------------------------

Did not know the might will swallow
Its own pride
In layers they sneer at
The broken ship, The old ride

In fathoms measured
And depths unknown
The sea asks
The sea knows

As for me...I grin
The saying beknownst
Tis not the s”e”ize
Tis the motion of the ocean ;)


(Seesaw hopefully you would not mind!  )


Karmisth
------------------------
Samachar samachar
A boy grown
His destiny to unfold
Written in moulds

Tall and gawky he utters
“shit it’s a bad day”
As he stares at the monitor
“Truce truce” come what may

Of gremlins to conquer
And demons to vanquish
Grandiose dreams to pamper
“Seg fault”, something’s amiss!

Another day gone by
Its evening...funny how you long
For it all day and mourn its coming by

Bested by the youth of morn
A naysayer to the gripes
Coffee and doughnuts
Wipe the screen with the “Wipes”

Another day in my life
Skills and résumé’s ajar
“Why are you wasting my time?”
I grandly shout “Samachar Samachar”


I get knocked down
-------------------------------
They tilt and they tease
The arms as they lunge
The paws offered in truce or in
Humiliation …

I see, I dodge, and I fall
Against the ropes
The steel eyes of my predator
I rise again

A stiff shot and I’m ready
The canvas is life and
I paint it with a bloody nose
My chest pressed to the rose

The thorn says “Why oh Why”
I give my life blood and say
“I get knocked down
But I get up again”

The daylight breaks in rhythm
To the lonely wayfarer
I say sing a hymn... to life
In despair and in strife

“Luck? You say is Mrs. Robinson??”
And in the whole heartedness
Of stories untold and of quilts
That show faith betrayed

I say life’s a joke and I’m a clown
“I get knocked DOWN”
PS –For GOOD 


Holy trinity
---------------------
The French blinds play
“Pay your due, boy “
In the name of day
Ah yes I say “I will ... Today”

I had a a bad dream you know
Krishna lost in the flood
Jesus lost in the snow
No generation X

The fathers grieve
For the son they’d fitted
With a pacemaker
High defn they gritted

Yes my dear friend
As you bemoan the lost
I see in you all of them
“The father, the son and the holy ghost”

In retrospect 4 years
Was it worth it?

How much did my son mean to me
Don’t know just called him sunny
When I wanted my cup of tea
I called him hunny

He’s dead now
Of the heart they say
Ha ha “of the heart”
How but how….

My son, to you, when steel
Replaced your heart
Superman got his deal 
Jane is happy


I die slowly after you
Yes I do blame you
She pulls me back everyday
The trinity cries foul “ET Tu”


Rrrated
--------------------

Kissme and smile for me
Tell me that u’ll wait for me

The story’s loud and the story’s clear
The most uncynical the most unromantic
In beliefs, in the smile and the tear
Wave wave to a part of my life

When the mousse is melting
When the chocolat’ is begging
Times like these ..janamashtami
At 12 ..no 13 .. I destroy

The object that begs to be
Yes..i smile and destroy



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home