The Kon-Tiki blog

Arbit! totally arbit!

Saturday, April 09, 2005

A time of Great Pain!


I could not sleep .. and i could not figure out why. And it suddenly struck me....Yes today was the day for which i had been practising my best smile for a while now.



I reached out grabbed my cellphone and looked at the time ..sheesh 8:00 am ..(What's the sun doing out at this time ..needs to go back home to mommy). However matters as important as these cannot be procrastinated.. I needed to groom up proper .. Disapproval was the last thing i wanted to see on that face....Anyways last time we had met my company had delta and it had been stormy partings .. i was hurt .hurt bad ..took me almost two weeks to recover ...However that was all of three years ago and then last week i suddenly receive this call asking me if we could set up a meeting around 12:30 ...To confess i was not thrilled but i instantly experienced this funny tingling sensation in my teeth and i thought "well why not! " So i said Yes. ...I walk into the office and words like swank plush jumped in and out of my head ..anyways I was punctual.. and her secretary comes into say "Yeah she's expecting you, Can i get you something to read? yadaa yada ya " ...I lounge comfortably in the chair and she walks in , majestic as ever..."No NO ..Dont get up" , she smiled. ...I flashed out at her ,the smile i mean ..."AAh , I see you have been practising" ...I'm pathetic ..its so easy for these perceptive types to burst my bubble ..."Are you still using delta" ...I have the most forlorn look on my face as i say "Do we really have to go over that now ? " ...She has this stern expression on her face as she dons her gloves ( Now Now dun get any ideas !! ) ..."Are you comfortable? " ,she asks ..."I am" , i lie ,squriming uncomfortably ,withering under her gaze ..."Metlife" , i mumble under my breath ...The next half an hour is an episode of ER. Instruments ,steely and shiny , poke the innermost regions of my mouth , I get X rays biting on mirrors, banshee howls, and puppy faces hoping for some mercy .. sigh no...And then the defining moment ..."We will have to redo your root canal" ..."But .. "..."Shh, i know what Im doing here" ..."Fine! " I give up ..."You know i sort of like your teeth" , she reflects ..." Err , Hmmm .." ( is this a trick question or what , i think ) ..."They let me experiment..new stuff and all" ..."Gosh ,thats what I am , an oral guinea pig" ...After another half an hour of sermonising i am summarily put on the list to see her again after 2 weeks ...I stagger out of that office with my little goodie bag ( toothbrush , pamphlet -all) ...as the doors close behind me ,there stands the building , unpretentious and even inviting to poor unsuspecting souls who know not of horrors untold that pass behind those


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home