The Kon-Tiki blog

Arbit! totally arbit!

Saturday, April 09, 2005

a shake-a-leg-at eventide!


The horizon was dark, grey...beautiful
The wind lilted and teased the clouds as they struggled in vain with the
Golden lining that had started to assert itself
I have always believed that the morning sky is a mirror to my dreams
As the sunlight filters through the mist and splits into a thousand rainbows, gently
Urging it to settle into little pearls on leaves...

However today's different




I’m seeing everything as a shade of grey...no black and white...
Just plain old grey
I look and stare at the few strands of grey in her hair...
Smiling to myself "Three! Sweetheart you've been lying to me! You always said only two...”
And suddenly the third is incredibly beautiful...each fleck of sunlight that bounces
Off it, blinds me...yes I want to spoil her hair, run my fingers through it
..Take what's mine... and yet sometimes it’s not that easy...

I have this powerful urge to look at the first photo we had taken together
Clandestinely :) just two copies...negative burnt...one in my wallet and the second
In her locket. The wallet's in the drawer... Its April after all...its spring!
I creep up as silently as I could...run my fingers as slowly and gently as possible
Along the chain, this moment of surfeited and clandestine contact as thrilling as the first time I touched
Her... as I’m struggling with the clasp of the locket trying to pry it open...I notice
Her eyes are wide open...and she has this absolutely wicked grin on her face...
Th..th..the photograph I stammer ..and she says "Yeah right!"
I smile back and look at her as she throws her head back and laughs
"I’m going to get a cup of coffee ..You want any ?"
I shake my head and look out of the window
She walks out of the room , happy as a sunbeam...
"Has it really been that long?" , I wonder ....

As I arrange the bedsheets the piece of paper fell out of my pocket
I quickly contrived to hide it as she walked in with a steaming cup of coffee, smiling
"What are you hiding ?" " A letter?"
I nodded a very extravagant YES and she laughs out loud once again
Brush,Shave,breakfast and I’m off to office

3 missed calls at office .. two from my doctor ..

it’s been a dull day and as I wrap up for the day ..I notice that the clouds have begun creeping up again
a one hour drive back home and suddenly I'm seized with this urge to buy her flowers..
I stop by the local Safeway ,get a bunch ..as I’m fumbling in my pocket for some change ..
it’s no longer there ..the biopsy result is missing ...
hurriedly I get back to the car and search , like a madman for the piece of paper which ordained finality
It’s nowhere to be found..and yet I remember having put it in my pocket before I went to take a bath..
"Don't worry She has not seen it ! " I try and comfort myself
I try and sound cheery as I get back home , earlier than usual
"Hello anybody home?"
and the as the doors open I lay my eyes on the most beautiful woman that ever walked on the face of this earth
"Hmm Jaanu honorable intentions I hope ?" , I winked
"Ahuh No" ,she smiles back
I wince in pain as I bend down to kiss her ...and that's when I knew she had seen it
She gaily turned away and ran to the living room
dabbing her eye as she ran
"A candle light dinner, for the two of us " ,she smiles
"Hmm… Who should join you at the dinner table ,Zorro or just the mask" , I wink
" No , just my husband " ,she said ..

we have a quiet dinner and I ask her if she wants to go outside and take a walk and she doesn't say anything
holds my hand and leads me to the parlor
we sit on the swing for a long time
Both of us are smiling
she does not answer any of my questions ..just keeps breathing down my arm .. goose pimples..
and then it’s almost like it’s a part of my arm
we both smile ...thoughts swirling ...in health and in sickness ..in joy and in grief
Till death do us part
I kiss away a tear that is threatening to drop ..

the sky is dark and a flash strikes
lightning tearing the sky into half
the darkness brings to fruition its destiny as a thousand tears drop from the sky

I know I love her and I know she loves me too
maybe it was just dull after so many years and that happens too ...
and maybe excitement and suspense are not such good company after all
Our love has never stood a test such as this before..
Gentle reader what do you suggest?



1) a piece of paper with "April fool" scrawled on it (Risking ex comm to the couch for a week,the price of honesty ..and well err folly! )

2) a second test result which declares the biopsy negative ( after a week ,of course …
this mode should at least last for a week!.. wickedness and be condemned to hell for eternity!!…
however as I figure my paradise is right here , right now! )

1 Comments:

Blogger DilettanteMoi said...

wicked wicked!!

i was dabbing my eyes through the story!!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home