The Kon-Tiki blog

Arbit! totally arbit!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Contentment

Contentment is my excuse , for feeling
Happy without a sense of failure
Venture as it does without refrain
The honesty that jeers, unrelenting

Names I conjure between now and then
Stare at me with passion
Sing our requiem , a proper burial
Demand the voices, stentorian

Every dream that lies stretched
At the altar of practicality, signals
Questions that beg to be asked
Echoes that refuse to be bequeathed

Every door I open now ,no escape
A mirror faces me at every wall ,showing
Me a thousand lives I might have led
Slowly they fade, they bled

Until I look at myself , passive
And then I look around
Content I am and happiness abounds
Everywhere ,except …..

4 Comments:

Blogger thoughtraker said...

every stanza in this poem is fantastic - i loved it!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Ubermensch said...

lovely this!
Do you need more ink?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

aaah!! this was so lekka lekka lekka!! loved it!!

[lekka=super]

11:18 AM  
Blogger Doh said...

Thanks Ano, Ubermensch for the kind comments :) ..hopefully there's more where this came from :)

Chay thanks , glad you liked it :) What does lekka mean ?

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home